Next League: February 25th at 11am @ Peter Pan
Ace Pot: $1,228
I am very excited to team up with Radius Brewing Company and Dynamic Discs to bring Hops N Hyzers back for the 2022-23 season!
Random Draw Best Shot Doubles that rotates between Peter Pan, Supreme Short, and New Life. Registration will start at roughly 10:30am each Saturday with chip draw at 11am, tee off to immediately follow.
- $10 to play with optional $1 mulligan (you only get one, if used your first shot no longer can be played but your partners can),
- $5 of your entry goes to the weekly payout.
- $1 of entry goes towards a cash CTP (ex. 20 people play, CTP is $20).
- $4 goes to the Ace Pool, the pool pays out 3/4ths on a progressive schedule. The more leagues you’ve attended, the more you’ll be paid out! If we are on week 10, you’ve attended 2 leagues, and the pot is at $400 you will receive 20% of the 3/4ths, so $60. If you’d played all 10 weeks you would receive $300! It pays to play!
- 100% of the Ace Pool raised the week of an ace being hit will be included in your Ace Payout. Using the example given above, if 20 people play week 10, the $80 raised that week will be added to your ace winnings.
- All funds paid for missing weeks and mulligan dollars will go straight to the Year End. Whatever funds left in the Ace Pool will also be put into the Year End. If an ace is hit during the Year End, $5 from individual payouts will be given for each ace hit.
We will continue using the simple handicapping system based on which division you would play in at a PDGA event. If you do not participate in PDGA tournaments, the handicap will be determined from a brief discussion and adjusted as needed. Strokes are combined for the team. If your partner gets 1 stroke and you get 2 strokes, you start 3 strokes down.
- Pro- 0: If you typically play in any pro division, you will start scratch.
- Advanced- 1: If you typically play advanced, you will start 1 stroke down.
- Intermediate- 2: You’re getting the picture by now, right?
- Rec/New- 3: If you are a much more casual player, you will start 3 strokes down.
League lasts 16 weeks, you must attend at least 1 week to play in the Year End. You pay $4 for each week missed. The Year End will be held on March 11th, consisting of a single free-to-play round for those that have attended at least 1 week and paid $4 for each week missed. Every team at the Year End will cash, location is New Life. The payout is spread pretty evenly in $10 increments, for example; 1st $300, 2nd $290, 3rd $280, etc. We will gather at Radius Brewing Company immediately following the Year End round to celebrate until the raised funds run dry.
Best of all, each week after the League Round, we will go to Radius Brewing Company to enjoy discounted pints of local craft beer and special pricing on appetizers and pizzas!
Take a look at the spreadsheet for the entire schedule and track how many leagues you’ve made.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me on Facebook (Derek Savory), or by e-mail (email@example.com).